JOB TITLE: Supply Chain/Customer Service Associate
DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain
REPORTS TO: Head of Supply Chain and Customer Service Manager
SUMMARY: Responsible for working with the Head of Supply Chain to support our international customer base and supply chain. This position will also be working internally with the Customer Service Representatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supply Chain –
- Assist Head of Supply Chain with direct shipments, inventory purchases, logistics, documentation and general supply chain management.
- Work with internal and third-party manufacturers on a routine basis to deliver requested finished goods inventory according to scheduled timeline and quantity requirements.
- Issuing PO’s for raw materials and to vendors for services/other materials (including followup and tracking)
- Enforce Terms and Conditions.
- Assists with the maintenance of master pricing files.
Customer Service –
- Provide customer service support for our Savannah, GA business, Heritage Color.
- Enter orders, perform invoicing, create shipping documents, provide pricing support, process returns/issue credits and generally maintain customer accounts.
- Coordinate delivery schedules and drop ship orders.
- Solve problems by working directly with customers and relevant internal departments..
- Utilize NetSuite to keep track of customer status and follow up as necessary via email/phone.
- Contact customers to perform light inside sales support.
- Provide support to both the supply chain planning and customer service depts.
- Manage and prioritize work load, multi-task and manage a diverse mix of issues, responsibilities and challenges
- Function in a controlled/regulated environment and handle restricted, confidential, private and personal information
- Cross-train on other accounts/territories to assist with workloads, and to provide coverage during vacations/absences.
- Minimum 3+ years of customer service/logistic experience with proven experience with International Shipping Documentation preferred. Will consider degreed candidate (Associate’s or Bachelor’s) with 1-2 years’ experience.
- Minimum 2 years of Supply Chain experience
- ERP systems experience (prefer NetSuite); Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
- International logistics experience and chemical industry experience preferred.
- Customer oriented and supportive, excellent communication skills (written & verbal), accurate with data entry, technical aptitude, and conceptual thinking
- Strong planning, communication and problem solving skills. Knowledge of demand management / forecasting
- Results and detail orientated, ability to multi-task and manage timelines in a face paced environment
- Ability to identify issues and opportunities, develop solutions, make recommendations and execute/manage their implementation; must evaluate (sometimes-complex) situations using multiple sources of information
- Very well organized and self-motivated
- Language Skills: Speak, understand and write English. Spanish is also preferred, but not required.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Apply on Indeed