Who We Are
Heritage Color, a Vivify company, is a technology leader specializing in the manufacturing and supply of organic pigment dispersions and liquid colorants for the Coatings, Graphic Arts, Inks, Textiles, Turf & Ornamental and Agricultural Seed Treatment markets. Learn more here: www.heritagecolor.com
About the Role
As a member of our R&D team, reporting to the Lab Director, you will prepare and implement pigment lab test programs to ensure compliance with company’s quality requirements as compared to standards.
The successful candidate will be available to work 5 am – 1 pm Monday through Friday, with occasional overtime and a few Saturdays throughout the year.
What You Will be Doing
- Prioritizes and manages multiple samples tests daily from varying sources. Approximately 30-50 tests per week.
- Executes test plans for each product in different mediums (based on the product and intended usage) to demonstrate that it meets all significant product specifications/requirements as compared to standards.
- Documents progress throughout process as well as final test results.
- Works with Technical Director to obtain approval of final test results.
- Communicates with Samples, Supply Chain and Customer Service departments regarding status of testing and outcomes.
- Plans for materials inventory in lab to support testing.
- Prepares and cleans laboratory equipment.
- In bulk, prepares materials/containers necessary in advance of testing to expedite testing time.
- Keeps lab and workspace clean.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
What We’re Looking For
- BA/BS preferred. A background in Chemistry is a definite plus.
- 2 – 4 years related experience or equivalent.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Very detailed oriented
- Multitasking skills to manage priorities and workflow and meet deadlines
- Sound judgement with the ability to make timely decisions and thrive in an environment with changing priorities
- Strong analytical skills
- Well-organized with a project management mindset
- Proficient on Spectrophotometer and other lab equipment necessary to perform testing
- Working knowledge and understanding of the basic principles and practices of lab testing – preferably in chemical colorants
- Quality–Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity–Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Planning/Organizing–Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources.
- Safety and Security–Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Initiative–Volunteers readily; Takes independent actions; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Our Work Environment
- Working in the lab requires frequent standing
- You will occasionally be required to lift items up to 50 pounds
- We work with powdered pigments throughout the day
Heritage Color team members receive paid vacations and holidays, participation in a comprehensive benefits program and a matching 401k plan.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to: HR@vivifycompany.comApply