Who We Are
Sandream Specialties is a value-added distributor and light manufacturer of specialty materials to the personal care and cosmetics industry. With over 1000 products and 15 years in the business, Sandream is a highly regarded brand in the industry. Learn more here: www.sandreamspecialties.com
About the Role
As a member of our R&D team, reporting to the Technical Director, you will prepare and implement pigment lab test programs to ensure compliance with company’s quality requirements as compared to standards.
What You Will be Doing
- Prioritizes and manages multiple samples tests daily from varying sources. Approximately 30-50 tests per week.
- Executes test plans for each product in different mediums (based on the product and intended usage) to demonstrate that it meets all significant product specifications/requirements as compared to standards.
- Documents progress throughout process as well as final test results.
- Works with Technical Director to obtain approval of final test results.
- Communicates with Samples, Supply Chain and Customer Service departments regarding status of testing and outcomes.
- Plans for materials inventory in lab to support testing.
- Prepares and cleans laboratory equipment.
- In bulk, prepares materials/containers necessary in advance of testing to expedite testing time.
- Keeps lab and workspace clean.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
What We’re Looking For
- BA/BS preferred. A background in Chemistry is a definite plus.
- 2 – 4 years related experience or equivalent.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Very detailed oriented
- Multitasking skills to manage priorities and workflow and meet deadlines
- Sound judgement with the ability to make timely decisions and thrive in an environment with changing priorities.
- Strong analytical skills
- Well-organized with a project management mindset
- Proficient on Spectrophotometer and other lab equipment necessary to perform testing
- Working knowledge and understanding of the basic principles and practices of lab testing – preferably in chemical colorants
- Quality–Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity–Strives to increase productivity; Works efficiently
- Planning/Organizing–Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources.
- Safety and Security–Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Initiative–Volunteers readily; Takes independent actions; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Our Work Environment
- Working in the lab requires frequent standing
- You will occasionally be required to lift items up to 50 pounds
- We work with powdered pigments throughout the day
Sandream Specialties team members receive paid vacations and holidays, participate in a comprehensive benefits program and a matching 401k plan.
Please send your resume to HR@vivifycompany.com for consideration